Who Am I? Don’t You Wish You Knew.

January 15th, 2008

What up homefries?

Wanna know a bit about me? Well…alright.

My name’s Michele and I’m a freshman here at MDub.

Why am I writing a blog you ask? I haven’t really figured that one out either. Has to do with my freshman seminar, Rock and Roll, but who knows where this will go.

I love, love, LOVE music…anything really, except bluegrass. I listen to what I’m in the mood for, and that could be anything from John Mayer and Jack Johnson for when I’m studying or rap and hip-hop for when I’m repping it at the gym. Right now, I’m really getting into bands like MGMT, The Bravery, and Hot Hot Heat (or as my crazy roommate calls it: “Asian video game music”).  Some of my favorite artists include oldies like Bob Dylan, Simon and Garfunkel, and the Beatles; Relient K, Death Cab for Cutie, Jewel, Switchfoot, A Fine Frenzy, Sara Bareilles, and almost anything produced by Timbaland. Soundtracks are always a must for me, I love the ones from Fever Pitch and Juno. And musicals are another vice: Wicked and Hairspray are among my favorites.

Movies and TV? Like music, I love just about anything. I have a soft spot for romantic comedies, right now Enchanted is at the top of my list, and I love the superhero movies, especially X-Men and Spiderman. Other favorites include the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Kite Runner, Juno, August Rush, Across the Universe, Almost Famous, Little Miss Sunshine, Casablanca, and Singin’ in the Rain.  For TV shows, I love Law & Order: SVU, Gossip Girl, 24, ER, Project Runway, the Amazing Race, Top Chef and Jeopardy.

That’s about it for me…except that I also LOVE the Boston Red Sox.